Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 5 Famous Last Words: Banging My Head Against The Wall

Do you ever have those days when you sit there and question why you're here? And why you're in school… And why you have so much homework..... And why you're not banging your head against the wall?

Welllllll... That was me.... All week…

The semester is definitely in full swing and I'm not even at the playground yet. I have almost quite literally been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I’m taking it minute by minute hoping I won’t like, trip or get the wrong coffee or something, and just blow my cover and have a full on meltdown.

I guess what I’m saying here is it has been an incredibly stressful past couple of weeks. The Campus Plague (aka the flu) put me out of commission for a few days and those few days have slowly crept up to make me almost a week behind in my classes.
Being so incredibly ADHD I have a routine and I stick to that routine. Not exactly by choice, but out of necessity and messing with that schedule is detrimental to my productivity…. And sanity…

Every time a deadline rolled up to my life I just wanted to sit on the floor and throw a temper tantrum about how life isn't fair and how I should drop out of college…. (And I may or may not have actually done that a couple times, but that’s not important, ha ha.)

I guess I say all that to say this: life is a roller coaster and I’m screaming my head off the whole time.

The past few weeks have made me question every aspect of my life, but times like this make me appreciate the little things, like getting a drunken call from my best friend, or going out to dinner, or eating a lethal amount of sadness chocolate. The little things become so much bigger when life around you seems to be crumpling to pieces.

Murphy’s law comes rolling through to prove itself once again, but this time I’m ready.
This week will be better simply because I can’t take any more bad.

And if anyone is questioning it… yes. I have a legitimate emergency chocolate bag, and it is now almost empty. SOS.
Almost Empty Sadness Chocolate Bag and I
Photo Taken by Myself 

And yes it is labeled... I live with a bottomless pit. I mean brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment