Narayan, R. K. (1972) The Ramayana.
As this book continues, It is becoming much easier to follow and understand as I become more familiar with the characters, as well as the overall writing style. Here are some more thoughts I had throughout this second section of the book
- It REALLY sucks that
Rama has to leave home. And he’s so noble, and honest to his words he wont ev
- At least he has his brothers to keep him company??
- And at least they have a chariot full of stuff to use....
- I guess Dasharatha proves you can die of sadness....
- BTW, why hasn't Bharata come back to take the throne yet... What's the time frame here?
- I would have been annoyed if I was Bharata.... "Welcome home! Your brothers have been exiled, your dad is dead, and oh yeah!, you're King"
- (Kinda hate Kaikeyi for being that crazy, jealous wife and causing all of this)
- At least Rama is more or less okay with living in the forest for a few years
- *Insert trap woman* Of course she’s super beautiful
- “I’m not a demon like my crazy evil brother I SWEAR!” I don’t know if I trust this lady…..
- OF COURSE Sita has to be captured by this “golden deer”… I’m not even going to dive into all the questions I have about that…
|Painting of Rava & Sita|