Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 11 Famous Last Words: I'm Only Twenty

Dare I say it, but I think I have finally gotten my life together. Now that I’ve completely jinxed myself… Last week, I was questioning every step of my life. OChem really made me reevaluate if I wanted to do this; if I was cut out to do this. I had always known that it would be tough, but I severely underestimated my work-load this semester. Each of my classes is a completely different evil, but I am ready. I’m ready to tackle the last of the semester full force.

I’ve teetered with the idea of not going to law school for several months. It just seems like such a crazy goal to have on top of engineering. The LSAT, my GPA, the lack of background—I have really been wondering if it was a good idea.


This weekend, I went home to visit my parents for Easter. I brought up these concerns with my dad who said “Don’t worry about it. You’ve still got time to decide.” It seems obvious, but I felt as if I had to have everything ready; that I had to have my “Ten Year Plan” and stick to it to a T.
With my anxiety distinguished, I ironically mapped out my entire life. I always knew I was awkwardly ahead in my coursework, but little did I know I had 9 hour semester in the spring next year…the perfect time to prepare for the LSAT in June. Funny how life gives you all the answers if we take a step back and let it.


It’s nice to remember every once in a while that I’m only Twenty, and barely through a quarter of my life. In retrospect, I really do have time. In other news I read the Twenty-Two goblins translated by Arthur Ryder and let me tell you. I loved it. It was weird and confusing and sort of wonky, aka perfection. I would definitely recommend reading it for an un-textbook option. Heck, I’m ready to read it again.


And for your viewing pleasure...

A photo of me and my brother... 

With our eyes closed... 
The typical Henderson sibling dysfunctional photograph. 
We now celebrate open eyes in photos.

Photo of My Brother and I From Easter 2015
Photo Taken by Chon Henderson

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria! Shoot I wish I had my life together. Every so often I also panic about my college career…Its always seems to be when the workload gets out of control and I want to quit. Then something comes along and pushes me to keep going. Its awesome you will have time to study for the LSAT! BEST OF LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria! I have always been the type of person that has to have a plan laid out for everything. I always thought having detailed plans would make life easier, but I've learned that those plans oftentimes make life more stressful because life doesn't always play out exactly as you imagined lol. Its hard to remember that sometimes the unexpected actually works better for you to reach your goals in the end. We just have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria,

    Isn’t it funny how we have so many pressures placed on us? Whether that be from peers, society, parents, ourselves…I just feel like there are so many things that become “life or death” for us, when really it is just being overdramatized. For example, graduating in four years. Even passing a test or a class has this overwhelming I-might-die-if-I-don’t-do-this feeling.

    Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve really come to learn to take a step back and make myself realize how to simply chill out and enjoy life.

    Love the photo. Its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally gotten my life together… I think those are some words I long to say to my self. Sometimes I get overwhelmed when thinking about everything I have to do, and if I even want to do them. My dad has helped keep me sane plenty of times throughout my life, I don’t know what I would do without him. I am happy that you figured things out and aren’t as anxious now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that picture is fantastic! You guys look happy!

    ReplyDelete