Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Reading Diary A: Rama's Battle

  • The opening quote on p. 110 “How could I have run with sheep so long?” is really quite insightful. Reality is so subject to perception
  • p.115 “In a kingless land there is no rain.”
  • So far I am a little confused. It might be because I am used to Narayan’s short stories, but I have no idea what is going on in this section.
  • The colorful imagry on page 125-126 of the forest with the description of the grass and leaves paints such a vivid image. I love that about Buck’s writing
  • p. 130 “Death is at last found to be part of all life, and never can we escape it, and Death does not change a promise made.”
  • Rama gets his magical bow!
  • Shurpanka is ugly??? I thought she was beautiful and deceiving
  • It’s nice to see that Rama is still a bad-ass in this version of the battle against the Raksashas.
Image of Rama and Sita in the forest
Provided by Wikipedia



No comments:

Post a Comment