- I really enjoy the quote on P. 90 "The perfect man takes a false step, apparently commits a moral slip, and we ordinary mortals stand puzzled before the incident." It's something to ponder not only within Ramayana but in life in general.
- Sugreeva's Story is very interesting. Vali is just a tad bit dramatic. His brother didn't mean to entomb him. I mean, he got out....Isn't taking someone's wife a little extreme..
- On a side note.... How long has Rama been in the forest? Has this 14 year sentence started...?
- This battle is very entertaining. It is rather sad tho. I can only imagine how distraught Vali's family was, when they found that he was dead.
- It's humbling that Sugreeva is crowned king, and still does not turn his back on Rama.
- I'm glad Hanuman did not mistake Sita as Mandodari, I can only imagine how disastrous that could have been.
So far, the second half of Ramayana has been just as action- packed as the first. I have noticed that Rama seems slightly more...... mature? I'm not quite sure of the word I am looking for, but he seems to be building as a character throughout the story. I also quite enjoy the stories within the story, once again. The background information makes the current scene much easier to understand.
|Image of Ravana|