Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 7 Famous Last Words: When Does the Crazy Stop?

          This semester has been weirdly…… problematic. I’m starting to realize that I may have bit off a little more than I can chew. It seems as if each week is somehow crazier than the last. Each Friday I am sitting here thinking “thank god that’s over” only to be shocked at the craziness of the following week. My dad would call this phenomenon “life”. I don’t like to think that this is my life- one insanely crazy day after another- but maybe it is. Whatever the case, I hope I get a handle on it soon, because it’s too late to do anything about it.  As a friend once told me on a particularly adventurous night “There just ain’t enough coffee in the world for all this crazy.” There has never been a statement truer than that.

          Madness aside, this week has been alright otherwise. The snow has given me an excuse to sit down and have a little time to do nothing and catch up on some reading. I really enjoyed the reading I chose for this week. The stories were so well written and so well explained for someone who is quite ignorant of Indian culture and definitions. I would highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for something to read. I've come to really enjoy these past couple weeks with the un-textbook option. I get to explore topics I would never otherwise as well as learn through other student’s writing whether it be based on another story or story in Ramayana. I particularly enjoy reading other student’s stories about Ramayana because I still get to “read” the book through other people’s eyes. It is quite a fun experience.

Well, let’s get on to goals for the upcoming week. I have two exams and a paper due, so at the minimum I am hoping that I can make it through this week with my sanity. Other than that, I like to think I have reasonable expectations (ha ha).

An Image of Motivation Provided by Pixbay
Because Obviously I need A lot of That.


          

No comments:

Post a Comment