Tuesday, January 13, 2015

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Places

"Think of Your Favorite Place".....
This phrase has been said on so many occasions, for so many reasons throughout my life, and I have always struggled with identifying that "place", because for me (....and my easily distracted mind) that list could go on for days as I contemplate everywhere I have been....
So after days of thinking, and narrowing, here are my top three favorite places. 

First Thing's First: Lawton, Oklahoma 

Anyone who has ever been unfortunate enough to wander through this sad town in South-West Oklahoma, may be hugely confused right now. However, growing up in Lawton has its perks, believe it or not, the best one being: 

The Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge 
(featuring my photography skills. Ha ha)

Okay, Okay, TECHNICALLY not IN Lawton, yet there's nothing quite like it.....
Unconventional Beauty. Wide Open Skies. Complete Serenity. 
Over the years, I have visited this little slice of happiness, certainly
over a hundred times, yet the beauty, is always just as shocking each time I look down over the planes of Oklahoma. 



Secondly: Santorini, Greece 

(Wikipedia)


I was incredibly fortunate enough to travel through Greece in 2011, and while each and every place we visited was incredibly beautiful, There is nothing quite like, the stark, white buildings covered with bright blue roofs cascading down the hill, to the ocean.

And Third, But Certainly Not The Last: Norman, Oklahoma 
How do I begin to describe how my life has changed in the short year and a half I have been here? Undoubtedly, I have done the most growing in Norman. While growing up, and learning how to be independent definitely sucks, doing so with a little Boomer Sooner, in your step softens the blow

(Wikimedia Commons)



1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a great post, Gloria! I love the way you transition around the world from the Wichitas to Santorini (BOTH beautiful... but so different, of course!), and then bring us back home to the beautiful Norman campus. I like the idea of "Boomer Sooner" being something you can add to the mix of life, like some kind of secret ingredient! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete